VCCCD strives to provide an environment that protects the privacy and security of information and electronic resources necessary to support our mission of teaching, research, and public service. We endeavor to keep all district affiliates informed by the latest cyber security threats, safe computing practices and relevant policies. We rely on all individuals authorized to access Campus information resources to contribute to, and cooperate with, our protection measures.
You can help by educating yourself about our privacy and security policies, practicing cyber self-defense, using available security tools, being alert to potential danger signs, reporting unusual behaviors, and taking corrective action when necessary. Together we can keep our district an open, accessible system.
News and Current Threats
- Impersonation attacks solicit iTunes gift cards
- Fake Invoice e-mails make up over 60% of all phishing attacks
- IRS: Security Awareness for Taxpayers
- Hackers falsely claim account compromise in extortion attempts
- National Cyber Security Alliance issues guidance on tax season
- Protect yourself from credential theft
Report phishing to firstname.lastname@example.org.