This page provides information for college staff, faculty, students, and visitors on how to best respond to various types of emergencies on our college campuses. Along with these emergency procedures, the Ventura County Community College District has an Emergency Notification Plan, which consists of a series of emergency notification applications that allow each college to notify the campus community in the event of an existing emergency, under Board Administrative Procedure 3515.
EMERGENCY MAPS AND OPERATIONS PLANS
- Campus Emergency Maps: Moorpark College | Oxnard College | Ventura College
- Campus Emergency Operations plan: Moorpark College (Under Revision) | Oxnard College | Ventura College
ACTIVE SHOOTER PLAN
With the increase in concern for active shooter incidents, the following guidelines should be reviewed and shared. If you find yourself involved in an active shooter situation, try to remain calm and use these guidelines to help you plan a strategy for survival:
- Call 9-1-1 when safe to do so and provide your location and as much information as possible.
- If escape is impossible, lock all doors and secure yourself in your space.
- Close all windows, blinds, and curtains.
- Remain quiet and remember to silence your phone and remove buzzing and vibration notifications.
- Wait for the "all clear" notification and subsequent instructions.
- If it is possible to escape the area safely and avoid danger, do so.
The VCCCD Police Department recommends all students, staff, faculty, and visitors watch the educational video: RUN. HIDE. FIGHT. Surviving an Active Shooter Event. Please contact the VCCCD Police Department if you have any questions.