This page provides information for college staff, faculty, students, and visitors on how to best respond to various types of emergencies on our college campuses. Along with these emergency procedures, the Ventura County Community College District has an Emergency Notification Plan, which consists of a series of emergency notification applications that allow each college to notify the campus community in the event of an existing emergency, under Board Administrative Procedure 3515.
Active Shooter Plan
With the increase in concern for active shooter incidents, the following guidelines should be reviewed and shared. If you find yourself involved in an active shooter situation, try to remain calm and use these guidelines to help you plan a strategy for survival:
- Call 9-1-1 when safe to do so and provide your location and as much information as possible.
- If escape is impossible, lock all doors and secure yourself in your space.
- Close all windows, blinds, and curtains.
- Remain quiet and remember to silence your phone and remove buzzing and vibration notifications.
- Wait for the "all clear" notification and subsequent instructions.
- If it is possible to escape the area safely and avoid danger, do so.
The VCCCD Police Department recommends all students, staff, faculty, and visitors watch the educational video: RUN. HIDE. FIGHT. Surviving an Active Shooter Event. Please contact the VCCCD Police Department if you have any questions.
The VCCCD Police Department offers training presentations on Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events (CRASE). The CRASE presentations are available to all VCCCD staff, faculty, and classes. To learn more about CRASE presentations and schedule a training for your classroom or employees, visit our Safety Presentations page.
Emergency Maps and Response Plans
In accordance with VCCCD Administrative Policy 3505, all three VCCCD colleges have established Emergency Operations Plans.
- Campus Emergency Maps:
- Campus Emergency Operations plan:
- Moorpark College (Under Revision)
- Oxnard College
- Ventura College
The following emergency procedures apply to every college and facility operated by the Ventura County Community College District. These procedures are in place to be used as a reference in accordance with VCCCD Administrative Procedure 3505 - Emergency Response Plan.