Effective January 1, 2020, Senate Bill 978 requires all local law enforcement agencies and the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training to post on their websites all current standards, policies, practices, operating procedures, and education and training materials that would otherwise be available to the public through a California Public Records Act request.
Below is a list of public VCCCD Police Department documents and forms. Any requests for documents not listed below may be formally requested with the Police Services office by calling (805) 652-7752. A Request for Records Form may need to be submitted.
- VCCCD Board Policy 7600 - College Police
- Department Policy Manual (Under Revision)
- Military Equipment Policy (as required by AB 481)
- Police Cadet SOP Manual (Under Revision)
- Property and Evidence Procedures and Packaging Manual (Under Revision)
- Where We Stand: #8CANTWAIT Use of Force Policies (2020)
- Annual Security Report (2022)
- Training Materials (P.O.S.T OpenData)