Announcements and Notifications Overview:
The Announcements and Notifications feature provides ways for users to receive important information. Notifications can be adjusted for receipt of relevant updates through channels a user prefers. Announcements are communicated in three ways:
- Notices are used to provide important information.
- Alerts are used to provide urgent information.
- Emergency Announcements are used to provide urgent emergency information.
Announcements and Notifications Capabilities:
- Notices are issued to a user's Activity feed.
- Notices may be received using a notification or email.
- Alerts are issued to the top of a user's Activity feed.
- Alerts may be received using a notification or email.
- Emergency Announcements are issued to the top of a user's Activity feed and above all other Alerts.
- Emergency Announcements may be received using a notification or email.
Global Menu > Announcements
1. Click on Announcements to view Notices, Alerts, and Emergency Announcements.
2. Select All Announcements or Only Unseen to filter Announcements in the right-hand corner of Announcements.
Announcements may also be received using other channels including a notification or email.
Global Menu > Dashboard
1. Click on Dashboard to view Announcements.
2. Select Dismiss on an Alert or Emergency Announcement to dismiss from the Dashboard View.
Dismissing an Alert or Emergency Announcement from the Dashboard View does not remove the Alert or Emergency Announcement from the Activity feed.
User Options > Account Settings > Notifications
1. Click on User Options.
2. Select Account Settings.
3. Click Notifications to adjust Notification settings.
4. Select the Edit Settings icon next to the notification to edit.
Notification settings will automatically Save once a change has been made.