What is the CVC Exchange?
The CVC Exchange allows students to enroll in courses at eligible Teaching Colleges without filling
out a separate application. It also gives California Community Colleges students greater access to
online courses and allows them to complete their program on time.

How do students find classes they are looking for?
Students can search for courses at cvc.edu using a variety of criteria such as Intersegmental General
Education Transfer Curriculum ( IGETC) and CSU GE requirements; substitution courses for specific,
oversubscribed home college courses; and courses that are part of specific programs or pathways. Further integration with programs and pathways will provide students with different ways to search
for the classes they need.

Which students are eligible to participate in cross-enrollment?
Only students enrolled in at least one credit course at participating colleges are eligible to cross enroll. Students must also meet the following requirements:

  • Have at least a 2.0 GPA or not yet established a GPA at the Home College
  • Have no outstanding fees at the Home College
  • No out of state address on file at Home College

Is a student’s financial aid affected if they enroll in a class at another college?
All participating Teaching Colleges have signed a Federal Financial Aid agreement. As such CVC Exchange students simultaneously enrolled at both Home and Teaching College may be able to receive federal and state financial aid funds based on combined units taken at both colleges. Eligibility will be determined by the student’s Home College.

Does a student's DSPS status automatically transfer to the Teaching College?
A student's Disabled Student Programs and Services (DSPS) status or accommodations determination will not automatically transfer to the Teaching College. Students using the Exchange will have to apply separately at both colleges to receive DSPS services and classroom accommodations.

What payment options do students have? Can they enroll in a class without paying?
Students using the CVC Exchange are subject to the payment policies of the college that is offering the class, i.e. the Teaching College. Since a college may have a drop for non-payment policy and deadline date; it is in a student’s best interest to pay for classes at the time of enrollment in order to secure a seat in the class. Even if a student initially chooses the credit card option to pay for classes, eligible students are still allowed and encouraged to apply for both the CCPG and Federal Financial Aid at time of payment. If approved for either or both CCPG and Federal Aid, students who may have used the credit card option will be appropriately reimbursed.

  1. Pay with credit card: The option to pay with a credit card through the payment portal is the most immediate payment option available to Exchange students.
  2. California Colleges Promise Grant (CCPG): Students who are eligible California residents, may apply for the California Colleges Promise Grant (CCPG) which can waive enrollment fees for qualified students for the entire school year.
  3. Federal Financial Aid: If an Exchange student is qualified to receive Federal Financial Aid from their Home College, to help cover the cost of tuition and fees for classes being taken at the
    Teaching College; they may request Federal Financial Aid from their Home College.

Do students need to request their Exchange class transcripts be sent to their Home College?
Students wanting to use the Exchange must consent to have their transcripts automatically shared from the Teaching College to the Home College at the end of the term. The Exchange informed consent statement at time of enrollment specifies that a student must consent to having their transcripts automatically shared with the Home College. This consent acts as the request for any classes taken through the Exchange.

Is the California College Promise Grant (CCPG) the same as the California Promise Program
at my campus?

The California College Promise Grant (CCPG) and the California Promise Program are two separate programs. Additionally, the eligibility requirements between the two programs are very different. The California Promise Program provides first-time college students the opportunity to attend tuition free for their first two years and is exclusively for first-time college students who enroll full-time. The California College Promise Grant (CCPG) is a fee waiver for ALL eligible students to assist with the enrollment fees ($46/semester unit or $31 per quarter). Students are expected to reapply every year to qualify for the waiver. While the CCPG is identified as a payment option for Exchange students, there is no such provision for students participating in a Promise Program. Students taking classes in the Exchange will have to inquire with their Home College’s Promise Program if they would like to use Exchange classes to fulfill their Promise Program requirements.

How do students enroll in a course that is not offered at a "Teaching College?”
Students are directed to the college's CCCApply page and should apply using the regular process.