Committee Vision Statement
To promote a unified and collaborative approach to professional development and recognition for VCCCD classified employees.
- To encourage classified employees to establish goals, make conscious choices, and take action.
- To provide clear, accessible resources for classified employees to develop a growth plan specific to their professional goals and in collaboration with their supervisor.
- To provide classified employees with tangible, highly accessible tools they can utilize at their convenience to progress in their growth plan and achieve their goals.
- To create a district-wide platform for recognition of classified employees.
- To promote collaboration and knowledge-sharing among classified employees across the District.
- To increase classified employees’ level of familiarity with the services the various departments across the District provide.
- To provide all classified employees with resources and support they need to be successful in their jobs and feel enthusiastic to be VCCCD employees.
Vice Chancellor of Human Resources, Committee Chair
Classified Employee Representatives (MC, OC, and VC Classified Senate Presidents or designees)
Classified Employee Representative from the DAC
Classified Supervisor Representatives (one each from MC, OC, VC, and DAC)
Instructional Technologists (MC, OC, and VC)
SEIU Chief Steward or designee
Subject matter experts as needed.
- Lynda.com (Available to VCCCD employees through California Community Colleges Vision Resource Center)
- Classified Employee of the Year
- Training & Tours
- 2016 Committee Accomplishments Review
- Classified Employee of the Year
- February 2016 Board Presentation
- Personal Professional Development Plan
|Name||Location||Representing and/or Function||Job Title||Website|
|Tracie Bosket||MC||MC Instructional Technologist||Instructional Technologist/Designer|
|Amparo Medina||OC||Designee for President, OC Classified Senate||Senior Administrative Assistant||Oxnard College Professional Development|
|Laura Gentry||OC||OC Instructional Technologist||Instructional Technologist/Designer|
|Gilbert Downs||MC||President, MC Classified Senate||Library Assistant||Moorpark College Professional Development|
|Joe Esquivel||VC||VC Classified Supervisor||Custodial Supervisor|
|Eric Lopez||MC||MC Classified Supervisor||Custodial Supervisor|
|Matthew Moore||VC||Subject Matter Expert||Instructional Technologist/Designer|
|Sharon Oxford||VC||VC Instructional Technologist||Instructional Technologist/Designer|
|DAC||DAC Classified Employee|
|Linda Fa'asua Robison||OC||OC Classified Supervisor||Financial Aid Officer|
|Elizabeth Thompson||DAC||DAC Classified Supervisor||Accounts Payable Supervisor|
|Felicia Torres||VC||Designee for President, VC Classified Senate||Administrative Assistant||Ventura College Professional Development|
|Maria Urenda||MC||SEIU Chief Steward||Financial Aid Specialist|
|Laura Barroso||DAC||Committee Chair||Director of Employee Relations and HR Operations||VCCCD Human Resources Dept|
|01/14/2019||Agenda||Notes||1:00 p.m.||DAC Conf. Rm. 209 - Santa Rosa Room|
|02/04/2019||Agenda||Notes||1:00 p.m.||DAC Conf. Rm. 249 - Anacapa Room|
|04/01/2019||Agenda||Notes||1:00 p.m.||DAC Conf. Rm. 209 - Santa Rosa Room|
|05/06/2019||Agenda||Notes||1:00 p.m.||Ventura College East Campus|
|06/03/2019||Agenda||Notes||1:00 p.m.||DAC Conf. Rm. 209 - Santa Rosa Room|
|07/01/2019||Agenda||Notes||1:00 p.m.||DAC Conf. Rm. 209 - Santa Rosa Room|
|10/07/2019||Agenda||Notes||1:30 p.m.||DAC Conf. Rm. 209 - Santa Rosa Room|
|11/04/2019||Agenda||Notes||1:30 p.m.||DAC Conf. Rm. 209 - Santa Rosa Room|
|01/13/2020||Agenda||Notes||1:30 p.m.||DAC Conf. Rm. 209 - Santa Rosa Room|
Meeting Notes Archive:
2019: 01/14/19, 02/04/19, 04/01/19, 05/06/19, 06/03/19, 07/01/19, 10/07/19, 11/04/19
2018: 01/22/18, 02/12/18, 03/05/18, 04/02/18, 05/07/18, 06/04/18, 07/02/18, 08/06/18, 09/10/18, 10/01/18, 12/03/18
2017: 02/06/17, 03/06/17, 04/03/17, 04/10/17, 05/01/17, 06/05/17, 07/10/17, 08/07/17, 09/11/17, 10/02/17, 11/06/17, 12/04/17
2016: 01/06/16, 02/03/16, 03/02/16, 04/06/16, 05/04/16, 06/01/16, 07/06/16, 08/03/16, 09/07/16, 10/05/16, 11/07/16, 12/05/16
2015: 01/13/15, 02/24/15, 03/19/15, 05/27/15, 06/29/15, 08/05/15, 10/07/15, 11/04/15, 12/02/15
2014: 04/04/14, 05/02/14, 07/29/14, 08/28/14, 09/26/14, 11/05/14, 12/05/14
Education/Wellness Leave Request Form (requires log-in to HR Tools)
Lynda.com (Available to VCCCD employees through California Community Colleges Vision Resource Center)
Personal Professional Development Plan (requires log-in to HR Tools)