Committee Vision Statement
To promote a unified and collaborative approach to professional development and recognition for VCCCD classified employees.
- To encourage classified employees to establish goals, make conscious choices, and take action.
- To provide clear, accessible resources for classified employees to develop a growth plan specific to their professional goals and in collaboration with their supervisor.
- To provide classified employees with tangible, highly accessible tools they can utilize at their convenience to progress in their growth plan and achieve their goals.
- To create a district-wide platform for recognition of classified employees.
- To promote collaboration and knowledge-sharing among classified employees across the District.
- To increase classified employees’ level of familiarity with the services the various departments across the District provide.
- To provide all classified employees with resources and support they need to be successful in their jobs and feel enthusiastic to be VCCCD employees.
Vice Chancellor of Human Resources, Committee Chair
Classified Committee Co-Chair
Classified Employee Representatives (MC, OC, VC, and DAC Classified Senate Presidents or designees)
Classified Supervisor Representatives (one each from MC, OC, VC, and DAC)
SEIU Chief Steward or designee
Subject matter experts as needed
Professional Development Officers (open to all MC, OC, VC, and DAC)
- 2021 Wellness Series Webinar Recordings
- 2016 Committee Accomplishments Review
- Classified Employee of the Year
- February 2016 Board Presentation
- Personal Professional Development Plan
|Gloria Banuelos||DAC||Designee for Vice Chancellor of Human Resources||Director of Employee Relations and HR Operations|
|Kelly Barton||DAC||Designee for President, DAC Classified Senate||Human Resources Assistant, Co-Chair|
|Amparo Medina||OC||OC Classified Senate President||Student Activities Specialist|
|Gabby Chacon||MC||Designee for President, MC Classified Senate||Administrative Assistant|
|Olivia Long||VC||Designee for President, VC Classified Senate||Academic Data Specialist|
|Maria Urenda||MC||SEIU Chief Steward & Subject Matter Expert||Financial Aid Specialist|
|Laura Gentry||OC||Subject Matter Expert||Instructional Technologist/Designer|
|Gilbert Downs||OC||Subject Matter Expert||Learning Resources Supervisor|
|Tracie Bosket||MC||Subject Matter Expert||Instructional Technologist/Designer|
|Sharon Oxford||VC||Subject Matter Expert||Instructional Technologist/Designer|
|Matthew Moore||VC||Subject Matter Expert||Instructional Technologist/Designer|
|Trudie Radtke||MC||Subject Matter Expert||Instructional Technologist/Designer|
|Elizabeth Thompson||DAC||Classified Supervisor||Accounts Payable Supervisor|
|Eric Lopez||MC||Classified Supervisor||Custodial Supervisor|
|Joe Esquivel||VC||Classified Supervisor||Custodial Supervisor|
|Open to MC, OC, VC, and DAC Classified Employees||
|Professional Development Officers||Various|
January 25, 2023
February 22, 2023
March 22, 2023
April 26, 2023
May 24, 2023
June 28, 2023
July 26, 2023
August 23, 2023
September 27, 2023
October 25, 2023
November 22, 2023
December 27, 2023