Starfish for Faculty
Starfish is designed to help you communicate academic progress concerns with students in your classes, identify resources that might be helpful to their success, and provide them positive feedback on improved progress.
- Increases communication between faculty and students
- Provides personalized feedback to students about their academic progress the moment a tracking item is raised
- Catches students early in the semester to provide them opportunities to improve
- Gives the ability to provide positive recognition to students
- Outreach also provided by other campus departments
Getting started is easy! Access Starfish by logging into the my.vcccd.edu portal and clicking the Starfish link in the "Faculty Self Service" area of the "Faculty" tab.
Get familiar with the message templates used to communicate with students here.