Training & Tours
Professional Development for VCCCD Classified Employees & Supervisors
Join us for 3 exciting and informative training sessions at the Oxnard College Fire Academy. Fire service experts and Oxnard College instructors Captain Lisa Tarkany of the Federal Fire Department at Pt. Mugu, Inspector Randy Osborne of the Los Angeles County Fire Department, and Captain Mike Ketaily, Oxnard College Public Safety Department Chair, will present:
- Establishing “Go Bags” for your home and workplace in the event of an immediate evacuation
- Fire and Life Safety Procedures at home
- Wildland Fire Safety and Preparation
- Fire Academy Tour
This will be a participative event, including walking around the facility where the grounds are uneven at times. Please wear comfortable clothing and appropriate footwear.
It is recommended that all attendees visit “VC Alerts” at https://www.readyventuracounty.org/vc-alert/ and create an account prior to the event. VC Alert is an emergency notification system that may be used to deliver alerts when there is a threat to the health or safety of residents. Residents may also sign up to receive community alerts.
There will be door prizes, safety giveaways, breakfast, lunch and more!
Contact Jennifer Holst with questions or for additional information.
- Presentation Materials
- Mindset Quiz
- Mindset Scoring
- VIA Character Strengths Discussion
- VIA Character Strengths Key
- Job Classifications & Salary Levels
4C/SD Innovative Activity Award 2017
The VCCCD Training & Tours program received the 2017 California Community College Council for Staff and Organizational Development (4C/SD) Innovative Activity Award, recognizing excellence in a single, innovative staff development activity or event. Training & Tours was developed in response to the classified staff's desire to work collaboratively with colleagues in similar departments across the District's four sites and to have opportunities to interact in person with colleagues beyond one’s own work site. Launched in spring 2016, Training & Tours provides opportunities for classified staff to engage in half- and full-day training activities on specific topics like budget management and requisition processing, followed by short walking tours of the work sites. Sessions include small group discussions for sharing best practices and ideas on the presentation topic. Training & Tours events are scheduled three times per year and held on a rotating basis at the four District locations. The program promotes a unified and collaborative approach to professional development and recognition for classified employees.
Focus on health and wellness.
- Tips for Managing Stress
- The Science of Stress - Linda Martinez Truax
- Stretches/Breathing - Dianne Frehlich
- Get Off Your Seat - Breena Maggio
- Don't Just Sit There
- 5-Day Meal Plan - Elizabeth Burnett
- Healthy Eating Recipes - Elizabeth Burnett
- Mindfulness/Meditation - Linda Martinez Truax
- Ten-Minute Workout with Exercise Bands
- Ventura College PE Facility Waiver & Release
March 15, 2017 - Moorpark College at the Exotic Animal Training and Management Center
- Active Shooter Presentation
- Opt-In to Blackboard Connect for Emergency Notifications
- Title IX, Clery, and VAWA
October 25, 2016, at Oxnard College
July 14, 2016 - The Applied Science Center at Ventura College
- Documentation for Provisional Employees, Professional Experts, and Volunteers
- NEOGOV Application Guide
- Applying for Jobs Within VCCCD: Tips for a Successful Application Process
- Managing Student Workers
Human Resources presentation on Documentation for Provisional Employees, Professional Experts and Volunteers.
Best Practices for Budgets, Time Sheets, Travel, Mileage, and Requisitions
@ Moorpark College