Travel & Mileage

Board Policy Manual.

  • A Travel Request, Form # 14001, must be submitted and approved prior to the date of travel. Travel Request forms may be obtained from the Campus Fiscal Services Office or requested from the Purchasing Department at the District Administration Center. Approved forms must be received by the Accounts Payable Department at the District Administration Center, at least 15 working days prior to the date of travel or payment deadline. To ensure funds are available at the completion of travel, funds will be encumbered based on an estimated total cost of the travel.
  • Authorization for International Travel, Form #14041 (see BusinessTools for form) must be submitted no later than 90 days prior to making travel arrangements, this allows for appropriate approval of the College President, Chancellor, and Board of Trustees. Board of Trustees Agenda Format Requirements (see BusinessTools for form) for International Travel.
  • A Travel Advance and Vendor Prepayments are available for employees for out-of-town, overnight travel with expenses anticipated in excess of $100.00. Pre-payments may be issued to the appropriate vendor for registration fees, lodging and commercial transportation.
  • All expenses, with exception of meal expenses, must include itemized receipts. Itemized receipts must actually list items purchased, date of transaction, and vendor name.  However, meal expenses made by procurement cards must have itemized receipts.
  • Reimbursement for meals consumed as part of travel, meetings, or business related meals, shall be based on actual costs, and limited to a maximum daily limit of $55, inclusive of all taxes and gratuity (gratuity must not exceed 15%). No reimbursement for alcohol is allowed.  Meal expenses do not require itemized receipts except for procurement card purchases.
  • Mileage incurred in conjunction with travel expenses must be claimed on the Travel Request form. The mileage allowance is $ .575 (effective Jan. 1, 2020) for the use of a car (also vans, pickups, or panel trucks). Reimbursement for mileage with no other associated expenses should be claimed on a Mileage Reimbursement Claim form (see BusinessTools for form).
  • Cancellations and Refunds are the responsibility of the employee. Return the canceled Travel Request form to the Accounts Payable Department at the District Administration Center.