District Vision Statement
The Ventura County Community College District will become the leader in the development of high quality, innovative educational programs and services. Keeping in mind that students come first, we will model best practice in instructional and service delivery, student access, community involvement, and accountability.
District Mission Statement
The Ventura County Community College District (VCCCD) is committed to assisting students in the attainment of its primary mission as a system of state supported two-year colleges.
The primary mission of the District is to produce student learning in lower division level academic transfer and career/vocational degree and certificate programs. Effective, efficient student support services are offered to assist in the accomplishment of the District's primary mission based on need and available resources.
Ventura County Community College District works to enhance state, regional, and local economic growth and global competitiveness within the pursuit of its primary mission. Additionally, workforce and economic development activities and services are offered based on need and available resources.
English as a Second Language instruction, remedial, adult education, and supplemental learning services that contribute to student success are offered and operated based on need and available resources.
Ventura County Community College District improves the quality of community life by offering
not-for-credit, recreational, vocational, cultural, and civic programming based on community demand and available resources.
All District programs, services, and activities operate within a framework of integrated planning and budgeting. Ongoing, student learning outcome assessment and systematic program review are used to ensure District-wide excellence through sustainable, continuous quality improvement in compliance with its mission.
District Values Statement
- We base our actions on what will best serve students and the community.
- We maintain high standards in our constant pursuit of excellence.
- We recognize and celebrate creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
- We demonstrate integrity and honesty in action and word.
- We communicate openly and respectfully to students, colleagues and members of the public.
- We hire and retain personnel who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
- We promote inclusiveness, and openness to differing viewpoints.
- We use data, research and open discussion to drive our plans and decisions.
- We demonstrate responsible stewardship for our human, financial, physical and environmental resources.
- We seek and maintain long-term partnerships with the communities we serve.