Moorpark, Oxnard and Ventura colleges offer mental health counseling to help you manage stress and other mental health challenges by providing support and education.
You Are Not Alone
The Student Health Centers on our campuses offer short-term, confidential mental health counseling that is free to currently enrolled students.
Therapists can help you with healthy strategies to deal with:
- Relationship Difficulties
- Family Struggles
- Identity Concerns
- Parenting Challenges
- Stress Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Academic Challenges
- Grief and Loss
- Negative Body Image
Please call to set up a free student consultation with our trained and caring professionals at each college.
- Moorpark College Student Health Center: 805-378-1413
- Oxnard College Student Health Center: 805-678-5832
- Ventura College Student Health Center: 805-289-6346
Other community resources are also available.
- Ventura County Behavioral Health: If you are in need of mental health support and are experiencing severe mental illness symptoms visit their website or call 866-998-2243.
- Ventura County Behavioral Health Substance Abuse Treatment: If you are struggling with an addiction call 844-385-9200.
- Ventura County Mental Health Crisis Team (24/7): If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis where they might be a danger to themselves or others call 866-998-2243 or call 911.
- Didi Hirsch 24-hour Suicide Hotline 877-727-4747
- USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work Tele-Mental Health
- Text "Courage" to 741741 for FREE 24/7 for mental health support.
- Veterans Crisis Line (24/7): For veterans and their loved ones. Call 1-800-273-8255 and press 1 or visit veteranscrisisline.net.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline (24/7): If you’re in emotional distress or suicidal crisis, call 1-800-273-8255.
- CrisisText Service: If you or someone you know is experiencing an immediate crisis, text "HEARME" to 839863.
- If you need assistance with mental health services, finding food or need help with healthcare expenses, visit 211.