Learning Resources Center
- 100,000 Gross Square Feet
- $27.74 Million Project Cost
- State: $24.74 Million
- Bond Measure S (Ex. B #48): $3.0 Million
- Construction: 01/2005 (Completed)
- Change orders ‹ 7%
- Customer-requested change orders ‹ $25,000
Project Objectives & Notable Features:
- Replaces the existing aged traditional library facility;
- Includes a TV studio, classrooms, class labs, tutorial area, language lab, disabled students training lab, open computer stations, book stacks, support spaces and faculty offices;
- Boasts an oceanfront community theme: e.g."The Beach" is an open computer lab; blue and green glass fragments were cast into the sand-colored concrete floor finish.
- Pile caps were rotated to avoid existing construction and additional costs.
- To maintain quality workmanship, daily inspections and weekly coordination meetings were conducted.
- The specified roofing material was inappropriate for the application and was changed prior to installation, saving time and money.