The VCCCD Adult Education Division is dedicated to increasing educational opportunities and services for adult learners, by providing the knowledge and skills necessary to participate successfully in family, community and society.
Our programs include:
Adult Basic Education
- Elementary and basic skills most relevant to preparing adult learners for success in college, CTE, work and citizenship
Adult Secondary Education
- High school equivalency instruction and preparation
- Assists second language learners in the areas of speaking, reading, listening, writing, mathematics, decision making and problem solving to gain life and employment skills and/or to progress through career and academic programs
Integrated Educational Training
- Below post-secondary adults workforce preparation and training, in conjunction with basic academics, with the goal of accelerating the student path to fulfilling work and competitive employment
- Programs are designed to meet the individual needs of each student and are based upon the College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education
- Includes pathway exploration, workforce readiness in a specific occupational cluster, in conjunction with technical skills training; all delivered concurrently and contextually in both classroom and community environments
For additional information on Adult Education schedules and resources, e-mail or call: Holly Correa at email@example.com or 805-652-5514.