Sexual AssaultSEXUAL ASSAULT RESPONSE AND INFORMATION
If you have been sexually assaulted, it is important that you seek help immediately. If you are the victim of a sexual assault please take the following steps:
- Go to a safe place as soon as possible.
- Call someone you trust to be with you, like a relative, close friend, or a rape crisis counselor.
- Try to preserve all evidence. Do not wash, use the toilet, or change clothing. If you do change clothes, place all clothing including outer clothing as well as underwear into a paper (not plastic) bag.
- Do not bathe, shower or douche.
- Contact the police department immediately.
- Get medical attention at the hospital, or student health center.
- Talk with rape counselors who are often available at the hospital to assist you with the sexual assault examination.
|The following are crisis centers and hotlines that offer Intake Reception and Counseling services:|
|The Health Center at each college of the VCCCD campuses:|
|-- Moorpark College
-- Oxnard College
-- Ventura College
|Safe Harbor East
Safe Harbor West
Coalition Sexual Assault Hotline
Santa Paula Hospital
St. John’s Reg. Med. Center
Rape/Sex Assault Treatment
Valley Trauma Center
The Women’s Center
Ventura Medical Center
Nat’l Rape Hotline
Domestic Violence Hotline
Rape Crisis Center