Paying tribute to the generations of Hispanic Americans who have positively influenced and enriched our nation and society.
Hispanic Heritage Events at Moorpark College:
- Monday, Sept. 16, 2019. Film screening: Biopic Cesar Chavez 1-3 p.m. in the Forum
- Thursday, Sept. 19, 2019 Chamber Music Theater Production “Tres Vida” by The Core Ensemble. 1:30-2:30 p.m. in the Forum
- Thursday, Sept. 26, 2019. Special Guest, Cesar L. Chavez! 12-1 p.m. in the Campus Center Conference Room He will discuss his grandfather’s life and work as an activist in the farmworkers movement and the National Farm Workers Association. He will also discuss the work the Cesar Chavez Foundation continues to do for Latinos and working families.
- Faculty Lecture Series - Campus Conference room:
- Tuesday, Sept. 24. LaVerne Seales “Misunderstandings of Racial Identity Labels” 12-1 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 1. Faris Morales “Hispanic Women in Science” 10-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 9. Pablo Diaz “A Personal Testimony: The Challenges of being Latino” 1-2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 15 Tamarra Coleman “Chicana Feminism” 12-1 p.m.
Hispanic Heritage Events at Oxnard College
- OC LIVE: A Celebration of Flamenco! Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2019 @ 6 p.m. in the Performing Arts Building
Hispanic Heritage Events at Ventura College
- Celebrate with us on Thursday, Sept. 26, 2019 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. in the Bookstore Quad. There will be live music, activities, outside organizations and giveaways.