The goal of VCCCD Institutional Research is to enrich functions and roles in:
- Supporting district management decision and policy making in enrollment management, planning, academic program review, performance and outcomes assessment and organizational development;
- Developing, evaluating and regularly distributing community demographics information and performance indicators, to help the colleges and the District better understand our students and their needs, and local community demands;
- Assisting in ensuring correct and complete MIS data collection and data submission to the California Community College System Office;
- Coordinating college and District research activities for assessment of college climate and student satisfaction;
- Coordinating research efforts with other community colleges or external agencies in promoting the institutional accountability and institutional effectiveness of the District and colleges;
- Providing data, data analysis and research to meet the District and colleges' needs for academic planning, student learning outcomes assessment, accreditation studies and improvement of institutional effectiveness;
- Assisting and supporting the District and colleges in market research, environmental scanning, peer analysis, total quality management, grant applications and strategic planning; and
- Developing membership and organizational relationships with external educational research entities to ensure comprehensive and collective data and research knowledge;
- Becoming a policy and decision making advocate, information/knowledge management architect and a change agent by providing valuable information through research and project management.
VCCCD 2021-2027 Strategic Goals
During the July 10, 2021 Strategic Planning meeting, the VCCCD Board of Trustees adopted the following VCCCD 2021-2027 Strategic Goals:
- Instill a culture that values diversity, students, our communities, collaboration, and the success of each employee.
- Increase equitable access and success for all students.
- Support the closing of academic achievement and support services equity gaps across all racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and gender groups.
- Actively support equitable workforce and economic development in Ventura County through partnerships and relevant programs and pathways leads from education to careers.
The 2021 -2027 VCCCD Strategic Goals are in alignment with the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office Vision For Success Goals.