If any individual is displaying aggressive behavior or threatening to harm someone or self
CALL CAMPUS POLICE / DISPATCH at:
- Moorpark College: Police at (805) 378-1455
- Oxnard College: Police at (805) 986-5805
- Ventura College: Police at (805) 289-6486
Be prepared to give the following information:
- State: "This is an emergency."
- Give your name, location (college, building and room number), nature of emergency, and the phone number from which you are calling.
- Do not hang up until you are sure no further information is required, unless there is an immediate threat to your safety.
What to do while waiting for help:
- Listen. Avoid any physical contact and allow the student to talk.
- Assist. Provide a quiet atmosphere, minimize environmental stimulation. Give the student some space. Ask the student what or who may be helpful.
- Recognize. Know your limitations.