Regional Fire, Sheriff & Police Education and Training Academy:
- Program/Planning : 3/2004 – 6/2005 (Completed)
- Design – 100% CDs: 3/2007 (Completed)
- Concrete Bunker Demolition: 9/2007 – 10/2007 (Completed)
- DSA Review: 6/2007 – 9/2008 (Completed)
- Bid and Award: 11/2008 (Completed)
- Building Construction: 6/2009 – 06/2011 (Completed)
- Carrier Johnson
- SMC Construction
Project Objectives & Notable Features:
- The Fire/Sheriff Training Academy contains separate facilities for the Fire Department and the Sheriff, and is separated by a covered breezeway leading to landscaped areas, exterior amenities and parking spaces.
- This single-story building will have instructional classrooms, physical fitness facilities, Men/Women’s lockers and administrative areas. The Sheriff’s area will have rooms for Firearm and Driving Simulators, with equipment provided by Sheriff. Site exterior will include a PT field and Marching/Parade areas.
- The conceptual aspect of the project provides for the immediate programmatic needs of the two separate departments, while responding to a long term vision of possible future development and additional facilities.