March 1 - Check the student portal for your registration date.
April 2 – Registration begins for both Summer and Fall!
Here is your quick guide to navigating the registration and payment process:
- Students will receive priority registration dates per Board policy for both Summer and Fall semesters on March 1st.
- Most students will receive the same priority registration appointment date for both Summer and Fall 2018 registration.
- Receiving the same registration priority is not a guarantee. Based on priority registration regulations and board policies, some students may not qualify for the same priority between Summer and Fall terms.
- Students should continue to check their registration appointment status for Summer and Fall terms online.
Fees, Payments and Drops
- Students will be required to pay Summer Enrollment fees upon registration or sign up for a payment plan as in past years. Failure to pay fees will result in drops of Summer courses.
- The drop process begin for Summer enrollment fees starting 4/2/2018.
- Fee assessment will NOT be run for Fall enrollment until 6/18/2018. This means:
- Students will NOT be required to pay Fall Enrollment fees until 6/18/2018.
- MyVCCCD portal will not show a Fall balance until 6/18/2018.
- The portal will show Fall fees on the "schedule bill" starting 4/2/2018 which will show them their Fall fees in advance.
- Students will NOT be able to sign up for a payment plan until 6/18/2018.
- Students will be able to pre-pay Fall fees; the fees will show as an advance to the Student account.
- Students will be able to sign up for a Fall payment plan starting 6/18/2018
|Appointment times available on MyVCCCD student portal.|
|Registration for priority, continuing, new, and returning students.|
|Dual Enrollment Registration
|Summer Walk-In Registration|
|Summer Terms Begins
Dual Enrollment Registration
(grades 8th and below)
|Appointment times available on MyVCCCD student portal.||Mar.
|Registration for priority, continuing, new, and returning students.||Apr.
|Dual Enrollment Registration
|Notifications to Fall enrolled students to pay for Fall classes or be dropped.||Jul.
|Fall Walk-In Registration||Aug.
|Fall Term Begins||Aug.
Financial aid professionals serve students by providing information to secure the necessary financial resources to meet a student’s educational objectives. Many financial aid programs are available and vary in eligibility criteria, award amounts, and repayment options. The types and amounts of financial aid awards are subject to availability of funds, eligibility for funds, enrollment status and financial need; financial aid professionals assist students throughout the financial aid process.
Check with your college Financial Aid Office for the most current information about the financial aid opportunities available to you. To be considered for financial aid, students should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application for each academic year.
A college counseling department provides essential support to a diverse student population and provides a variety of resources to current and prospective students. Counselors serve students and help a student reach educational goals. Areas of assistance may include helping a student match a major or career choice to their values, interests, and abilities; personal counseling; and assistance with completing a student’s educational planning process. Counselors are specialists in their academic and vocational areas and also teach classes to facilitate personal and career exploration and development, as well as academic survival skills. Individual and group counseling sessions are designed to review educational plans, career interests, and personal concerns, as part of the process of making meaningful life decisions.
Counseling services are available during the day, evenings, by appointment, or drop-in basis. Contact Counseling Services to help you achieve the greatest possible benefit from your college experience.
Our goal is your educational success and we offer a wide range of student services at each campus.
- Need to map out your educational plan or get advice on what classes to register for?
- Need a little help with homework?
- Planning to re-enter school following your military service? Each campus has a Veterans Resource Center to assist you and navigate you through the registration process.
- Play a sport or watch your favorite college team!
- Wondering how you are going to pay for college?
- Feeling a little under the weather and need to see a nurse on campus?
- Check out the childcare center if you want to take a class - we can help you with childcare.
- Need a book? Check in at the campus library.
- Want a little balance with classes and social activities? Check out the club pages and pursue a new interest or make some new friends.