If you’re not feeling well, please don't come to campus - contact your primary care provider or clinic. If you begin feeling any flu-like symptoms (like a fever, cough, or shortness of breath), contact your local emergency room. Student Health Centers are available for phone evaluations.
Be sure to email your professor and keep them updated. Please do not return to campus until you’ve gone at least 24 hours without a fever (and that 24 hours should also be without the help of any fever-reducing medication).
Public Health continues to recommend that the public do the following to protect themselves from all respiratory illnesses:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Limit close contact, like kissing and sharing cups or utensils, with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Facemasks are most effective when used appropriately by health care workers and people who are sick.
- Get a flu immunization to prevent influenza if you have not done so this season.
If you have recently traveled to China and are experiencing flu like symptoms, please call Ventura County Public Health Communicable Diseases at (805) 981-5101.
College Student Health Centers
|Oxnard College |
Deanna L. McFadden, Coordinator
(805) 678-5832 / (805) 678-5932
|Ventura College |
Mary Jones, Coordinator