Parking Citation Appeals

If you receive a parking citation on your vehicle and you believe the citation was issued in error, you may make an inquiry to the on-duty police officer at the Campus Police Office of the college where the citation was issued. If the citation was not issued in error, you have the option of paying the fine or contesting the citation. You must contest a parking citation within 21 days from the date of issue.

To contest a parking citation, you will need to go online to and appeal the citation online. Detailed instructions on how to appeal are available on the MyVCCCD Portal. Instructions on paying citations or questions regarding citations may be made to DataTicket, the citation processing agency, at 800-989-2058.

Administrative Review Hearing: If your citation is not dismissed after the initial review, and you want to contest your citation to the next level, you may request an Administrative Review Hearing. You must follow the instructions in the paperwork you receive with the notice that your citation could not be dismissed. In order to have an Administrative Review Hearing you will be required to deposit the full amount of the fine with the Processing Agency. A check or money order can be mailed along with your request for the Administrative Review Hearing. Do not send cash. Your hearing will be granted within 90 days from the date of your request. If your case is dismissed by the hearing officer, you will be reimbursed for your deposit. If your case is upheld, the deposit will be applied to the fine. If you fail to appear for your hearing you will automatically lose your case and the citation will be upheld. The Hearing Examiner is not a member of our Police Department. He is a qualified independent contractor who is trained and licensed to provide this service.

Hearing by Written Declaration: You have the option of having your hearing in person or via written declaration, in which you won't be required to appear in person. The Hearing Examiner will decide your case based on the documentation you have previously submitted. You can also submit addition written information. You will be notified in writing of the Hearing Examiner's decision.