- Moorpark College: Police at (805) 378-1455 | Maintenance & Operations at (805) 378-1454
- Oxnard College: Police at (805) 986-5805 | Maintenance & Operations at (805) 986-5821
- Ventura College: Police at (805) 289-6486 | Maintenance & Operations at (805) 289-6340
Be prepared to give the following information:
- State: "This is an emergency."
- Give your name, location (college, building and room number), nature of emergency, and the phone number from which you are calling.
- Do not hang up until you are sure no further information is required, unless there is an immediate threat to your safety.
What to do in the event of a power blackout:
- Assist any persons with disabilities in finding safety. (See Evacuating Disabled &Buildings.)
- Science faculty and staff should secure any laboratory experiments, activities, and equipment that might pose a potential danger.
- Disconnect all electrical equipment.
- Leave Light switches ON.
- Await further instructions or for power to be restored.
What to do in the event of a gas Leak:
- If you suspect a gas leak, call Campus Police immediately. They will call Maintenance & Operations.
- DO NOT ignite any open flame (e.g. matches, lighters, burners) or turn on any lights.
- Open windows and doors for ventilation and prepare for possible evacuation.