CALL CAMPUS POLICE / DISPATCH at:
- Moorpark College: Police at (805) 378-1455
- Oxnard College: Police at (805) 986-5805
- Ventura College: Police at (805) 289-6486
Be prepared to give the following information:
- State: "This is an emergency."
- Give your name, location (college, building and room number), nature of emergency, and the phone number from which you are calling.
- Do not hang up until you are sure no further information is required, unless there is an immediate threat to your safety.
- If you call 911, you must also call campus police dispatch.
A Civil Disturbance is defined as any gathering of two or more persons who:
- Interfere with normal college operations
- Attempt to prevent access to the college, buildings, facilities, or offices
- Threaten physical harm to others or damage to college property
What to do in the event of a civil disturbance:
- If the disturbance is outside the building, do not investigate.
- If the disturbance is inside the building, if possible investigate from a safe distance.
- Shelter-in-place until evacuation orders are received from authorities.
What to do in the event of a hostage situation or armed assault:
- Initiate shelter-in-place until evacuation orders are received from authorities.
How to shelter-in-place during a civil disturbance, hostage situation or armed assault:
- Turn off lights.
- Close all doors to the outside.
- Close and lock all windows.
- Seek shelter away from window s and doors.
- Stay as low to the floor as possible, trying to stay out of the line of sight of the perpetrators).
- Remain silent and still.
- DO NOT draw attention to yourself or others.