CALL CAMPUS POLICE / DISPATCH at:
- Moorpark College: Police at (805) 378-1455
- Oxnard College: Police at (805) 986-5805
- Ventura College: Police at (805) 289-6486
DO NOT evacuate the building unless directed to do so by campus officials.
Be prepared to give the following information:
- State: "This is an emergency."
- Give your name, location (college, building and room number), nature of emergency, and the phone number from which you are calling.
- Do not hang up until you are sure no further information is required, unless there is an immediate threat to your safety.
- If you call 911, you must also call campus police dispatch.
What to do in the event of receiving a bomb threat via telephone:
- Ask the caller to provide the following information:
- Time of the planned explosion
- Type of bomb
- Location of the bomb
- Description of the bomb
- Record the following information:
- Time of call
- Exact words the caller used
- Gender and approximate age of caller
- Behavior of caller, including speech characteristics
- Background noises
What to do in the event of receiving a bomb threat via letters, packages, or objects:
- DO NOT touch any suspicious envelope, package, or object.
- Evacuate all persons to a designated assembly area. This area should be out of the building and one building away or a minimum of 300 feet from the threatened area.
- Assist all persons with disabilities with the evacuation.
- Stop any person from entering the endangered area.