SEXUAL ASSAULT RESPONSE AND INFORMATION
- Go to a safe place as soon as possible.
- Call someone you trust to be with you, like a relative, close friend, or a rape crisis counselor.
- Try to preserve all evidence. Do not wash, use the toilet, or change clothing. If you do change clothes, place all clothing including outer clothing as well as underwear into a paper (not plastic) bag.
- Do not bathe, shower or douche.
- Contact the police department immediately.
- Get medical attention at the hospital, or student health center.
- Talk with rape counselors who are often available at the hospital to assist you with the sexual assault examination.
The following are crisis centers and hotlines that offer Intake Reception and Counseling services:
|The Health Center at each college of the VCCCD campuses:|
|-- Moorpark College
-- Oxnard College
-- Ventura College
|Safe Harbor East
Safe Harbor West
Coalition Sexual Assault Hotline
Santa Paula Hospital
St. John's Reg. Med. Center
Rape/Sex Assault Treatment
Valley Trauma Center
The Women's Center
Ventura Medical Center
Nat'l Rape Hotline
Domestic Violence Hotline
Rape Crisis Center