1st Annual Ventura College Mobile Film Fest
We have our finalist!!!!
The Top Three Finalists for Best Adult/College Film
- "Duct Tape Captain America" by Adrian Arroyo
- "Over the Limit" by Natalie Ginsberg & Jeffrey Sardo
- "The Robbery" by Carlo Castaneda
The Top Three Finalists for Best Female Actor
- Natalie Ginsberg as Lindsey - "Over the Limit"
- Marissa Wenzke as Tania - "Over the Limit"
- McDonald's Drive Through Worker - "Duct Tape Captain America"
The Top Three Finalists for Best Male Actor
- Carlo Castaneda as Robber #1 - "The Robbery"
- Alan Meza as Ductaoe Captian America" - "Duct Tape Captain America"
- Remy Mulloway as Robber #2 - "The Robbery"
Click on the link below to view the finalist films.
Calling all amateur filmmakers! The Ventura College Theatre Arts Department is proud to promote art, technology, and education in our community by sponsoring the 1st Annual Ventura College Mobile Film Festival. This festival is a celebration of innovation and creativity of tomorrow’s filmmakers in our community by allowing them to realize their potential and start down the road to achieve a dream. All films will be shot using only mobile devices. Top finalists will have their films debuted at the Ventura Art Walk at Mission Park on July 18, 2015. One filmmaker in three categories will receive a $150 scholarship for registration, fees and supplies for any theatre course of his or her choosing during the Fall 2015 semester. That’s three different scholarships. In addition, $150 scholarships will also be awarded to best male and female actor. That’s a total of five!! For more information, please visit our website at http://www.venturacollege.edu/PAC
PLEASE PLACE THE INFORMATION BELOW ON OUR WEBPAGE. YOU MIGHT INCLUDE A SLICK MODERN GRAPHIC & INFO ABOVE:
Submissions must be under 5 minutes. Any film exceeding five minutes will be disqualified from the festival.
- 100% of the short film must be shot with a mobile device (includes any smart phone, tablet, or laptop with screen capture software, etc.) to be eligible to win. Multiple devices are encouraged and allowed, but by no means necessary.
- You may not use copy written material of any kind unless you receive written permission. Ventura College is not responsible or liable for any copyright material unlawfully used.
- Contestants may use any software to edit the video and audio of the film, make color corrections, or add special effects.
- No excessive nudity or profanity will be allowed. This festival is a reflection of our community and institution. Please keep this in mind when determining subject matter and content.
FILMMAKERS: Three $150 scholarship/prize for each winner are available to filmmakers in the following categories.
Middle School/High School Filmmaker
Filmmakers Over 65
ACTORS: Two scholarships for $150 are available for the best female and male actor. The top three finalists will be recognized.
The TOP THREE FINALISTS in each category will be announced on our website and contacted by email on July 17, 2015. The winners will be announced on July 18, 2015 at the Ventura Art Walk in Mission Park.
Scholarships may be used for registration, fees, and supplies for any Theatre Arts course at Ventura College in the Fall 2015 semester. Winning films created by multiple filmmakers may be equally divide the scholarship. Please limit the number of co-collaborators to three. All winners must complete the admission and registration requirements set forth by the institution and enroll in a Theatre Arts Course in order to receive the scholarship/prize.
All winners will be equally judged on the inventive and experimental nature of the film as well as content.
Actors will be judged on originality, believability, technique, and challenge of the role.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Please create and upload your film to YouTube. As you upload your movie, please include the names of the director(s) and cast list with the actors name and title of his/her role in the description/comment area on the website.
Complete both the Ventura College Mobile Film Fest Official Submission Form and the VCCCD Photo Release Form. Make sure to include the YouTube link to your film on the official submission form. Most important, include the signatures and pertinent information for all directors and actors on the Photo Release Form. Email both forms to Assistant Professor Nathan Cole at email@example.com.
- The submission deadline is Monday, July 13, 2015 by 11:59 p.m.