Training & Tours 2017-2018
(Professional Development for VCCCD Classified Employees & Supervisors)
October 27, 2017 – Condor Café at Oxnard College, 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
4C/SD Innovative Activity Award 2017
The VCCCD Training & Tours program received the 2017 California Community College Council for Staff and Organizational Development (4C/SD) Innovative Activity Award, recognizing excellence in a single, innovative staff development activity or event. Training & Tours was developed in response to the classified staff's desire to work collaboratively with colleagues in similar departments across the District's four sites and to have opportunities to interact in person with colleagues beyond one’s own work site. Launched in spring 2016, Training & Tours provides opportunities for classified staff to engage in half- and full-day training activities on specific topics like budget management and requisition processing, followed by short walking tours of the work sites. Sessions include small group discussions for sharing best practices and ideas on the presentation topic. Training & Tours events are scheduled three times per year and held on a rotating basis at the four District locations. The program promotes a unified and collaborative approach to professional development and recognition for classified employees.
June 8, 2017 - Wright Event Center at Ventura College
Focus on health and wellness.
- Tips for Managing Stress
- The Science of Stress - Linda Martinez Truax
- Stretches/Breathing - Dianne Frehlich
- Get Off Your Seat - Breena Maggio
- Don't Just Sit There
- 5-Day Meal Plan - Elizabeth Burnett
- Healthy Eating Recipes - Elizabeth Burnett
- Mindfulness/Meditation - Linda Martinez Truax
- Ten-Minute Workout with Exercise Bands
- Ventura College PE Facility Waiver & Release
March 15, 2017 - Moorpark College at the Exotic Animal Training and Management Center
- Active Shooter Presentation
- Opt-In to Blackboard Connect for Emergency Notifications
- Title IX, Clery, and VAWA
October 25, 2016, at Oxnard College
July 14, 2016 - The Applied Science Center at Ventura College
- Documentation for Provisional Employees, Professional Experts, and Volunteers
- NEOGOV Application Guide
- Applying for Jobs Within VCCCD: Tips for a Successful Application Process
- Managing Student Workers
Human Resources presentation on Documentation for Provisional Employees, Professional Experts and Volunteers.
Moorpark College on March 1, 2016
Best Practices for Budgets, Time Sheets, Travel, Mileage, and Requisitions